Frequently asked questions from City of McMinnville

When will I get my first water bill?

Featured in Pay Water Bill, City of McMinnville

Your first McMinnville water bill will be sent out after the service has been on for six (6) weeks.

When will my water service be subject to cut off?

Featured in Pay Water Bill, City of McMinnville

Water customers are subject to services being cut-off ten (10) days after due date on your bill.

If my water has been cut-off for non-payment, what will I pay to be reconnected?

Featured in Pay Water Bill, City of McMinnville

You will be required to pay the past due bill plus one of the following fees:

  • If during office hours, the fee is $25.00
  • If after 4:00 p.m., the fee is $25.00 plus an additional $40.00
  • If it is on a weekend/holiday, the fee is $25.00 plus an additional $50.00

Who can register to vote in Tennessee?

Featured in Register to Vote, State of Tennessee

To register to vote in Tennessee: 

  • You must be a U.S. Citizen
  • You must be a resident of Tennessee
  • You must be at least 18 years old on/or before the next election
  • You must not have been convicted of a felony, or if you have, your voting rights must have been restored

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Tennessee

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.

People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

Where can I find more information about all the cases in the US?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Tennessee

You can find a detailed map with the spread of the cases here:

What should I do if I am sick?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Tennessee

If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.

You can read more about what the CDC recommends here:

Where can I find the official numbers on Coronavirus cases reported in the State of Tennessee?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Tennessee

You can find these numbers reported on the Tennessee Department of Health website here

Is there a phone number that I can call to get more information on the Coronavirus outbreak in Tennessee?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Tennessee

You can use the COVID-19 Public Information Number by calling 877-857-2945. Please note that this number is available from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. CST daily. 

How long does it take to get my new license?

Featured in Driver License Renewal, State of Tennessee

You should receive your renewal license/ID by mail within 20 business days. However, once you renew online, the printed confirmation page of this transaction can be used as a legitimate extension of your license/ID and is valid for 20 days from the transaction date. If your license has, or will soon be, expired, you must print and carry a copy of this confirmation along with your current driver license.

What information is required to file for unemployment insurance in Tennessee?

Featured in Apply for Unemployment Insurance, State of Tennessee

You will need the following information to file for unemployment insurance benefits in Tennessee: 

Your Personal Info: 

  • Social Security Number
  • Driver’s License Number
  • Address
  • Telephone Number
  • Valid email address
  • Tennessee Unemployment Insurance claimants receive their benefits via the Tennessee Automated Payment (TAP) debit card or direct deposit. To receive benefits by direct deposit, you’ll need to provide your bank routing number and account number.
  • DD 214 Member 4 if you served in the military in the past 18 months

Your Employment Info:

  • Last 18 months of Employment
  • Last Day Worked
  • Reason for Separation  (e.g., quit, fired, lack of work, laid off or job eliminated, etc.)

Employer Info:

  • Separating Employer's Name
  • Separating Employer's Address
  • Separating Employer's Telephone Number
  • Separating Employer's Fax Number (if known)