Frequently asked questions from County of Genesee

When are taxes due?

Featured in Pay Property taxes, County of Genesee

Summer taxes are usually due by September. Winter taxes are due by February 28. All taxes become delinquent to the County Treasurer on March 1 with additional penalties and interest, computed with a 4% penalty, and 1% interest per month for the first year. Taxes that are delinquent more than a year will have a substantially higher interest rate (1.5% instead of 1%). In addition, a $175.00 forfeiture fee will be added along with additional administrative fees.

How much do I owe for delinquent taxes?

Featured in Pay Property taxes, County of Genesee

You must provide a ten-digit parcel number in order to receive tax information. Call our 24-hour automated tax line, (877) 805-2856 for tax amounts, or click here for the Genesee County Property Tax Information System. What should I do if I didn't receive a tax bill?

Can taxes be paid with a personal check?

Featured in Pay Property taxes, County of Genesee

Yes, March - December of the year the taxes become delinquent. They would then require a cashier's check, money order, or cash. Please make checks payable to GENESEE COUNTY TREASURER.

What information is required to apply for unemployment insurance claims in Michigan?

Featured in Apply for Unemployment Insurance, State of Michigan

You will need the following information to file a claim for unemployment insurance in Michigan: 

  • Your social security card,
  • Your state issued driver’s license or ID card number or your MARVIN PIN (if you have one),
  • The names and addresses of employers you worked for during the past 18 months along with your quarterly gross
  • The last date of employment with each employer,
  • Your most recent employer’s Federal Employer ID number (FEIN) (especially if you have not filed a claim within the
    last three years or have been employed for less than six months) and Employer Account Number (EAN). Depending
    on your situation, knowing the account number may speed up the processing of your claim.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration card and the expiration date of your
    work authorization.

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.

People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

Where can I find more information about all the cases in the US?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

You can find a detailed map with the spread of the cases here:

What should I do if I am sick?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.

You can read more about what the CDC recommends here: