Frequently asked questions from City of Ann Arbor

What are other options to pay Ann Arbor, Michigan water bills?

Featured in Pay Water Bill, City of Ann Arbor

Pay by Phone: To pay your water bill by phone, have your 12 digit water billing account number and call 844.395.2242. There is no extra service charge to pay by phone. Pay by Mail: You can mail your water bill payments with a check to: Dept # 77610 City of Ann Arbor Treasurer P.O. Box 77000 Detroit, MI 48277-0610 Please make sure to include the bill stub or full account number on check. Drop Boxes: Drop boxes are available 24-hours a day on the north side of the City Hall, 301 E. Huron, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 located on the corner of East Ann St and North Fifth Ave (Gray mail box) as well as in the building, just inside the Ann Street entrance. These payments will be processed the next business day. Pay In Person: You can make payments in person at the City of Ann Arbor Customer Service & Payment Center located within Larcom City Hall, 301 E. Huron, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Business hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (except holidays).

What information is required to apply for unemployment insurance claims in Michigan?

Featured in Apply for Unemployment Insurance, State of Michigan

You will need the following information to file a claim for unemployment insurance in Michigan: 

  • Your social security card,
  • Your state issued driver’s license or ID card number or your MARVIN PIN (if you have one),
  • The names and addresses of employers you worked for during the past 18 months along with your quarterly gross
  • The last date of employment with each employer,
  • Your most recent employer’s Federal Employer ID number (FEIN) (especially if you have not filed a claim within the
    last three years or have been employed for less than six months) and Employer Account Number (EAN). Depending
    on your situation, knowing the account number may speed up the processing of your claim.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration card and the expiration date of your
    work authorization.

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.

People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

Where can I find more information about all the cases in the US?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

You can find a detailed map with the spread of the cases here:

What should I do if I am sick?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.

You can read more about what the CDC recommends here:



Papergov is the leading place to discover & act on all local government services.


Papergov is the leading place to discover & act on all local government services.

© 2020, Openly Technologies, Inc.