You must have a Detroit business license to operate certain types of businesses in the city. To apply for the license, please download the form below and submit it to the Business License Center at Room 402 in the address mentioned here.
You will need to pay the license fee when you apply. The fees depends on the type of business and you can find the rate in the document attached.
Applicant must bring the following while submitting their business license application:
• Assumed Name or Articles of Corporation Papers
• Information for all applicants and/or stockholders/corporation officers
• Home Address
• Telephone Numbers
• Driver License or State Identification Card
• Social Security Number
• Birth certificate
• Acceptable Form of Payment: Cash, Certified Check, Money Order or Credit Card (Master Card & Visa)
• Federal Identification Number (if applicable)
• Proof of property ownership – Lease (Notarized) or Land Contract/Property Deed (registered with Wayne County)
• Building Permit or Occupancy Permit (from the Zoning Counter, Room 409, Coleman A. Young Municipal Center)