Services offered by
City & County of Philadelphia

Services offered by
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

More services available here

Frequently asked questions from City & County of Philadelphia

How can I pay my parking ticket?

Featured in Pay for Parking Citation, City & County of Philadelphia

You can pay your parking ticket:  

  • By mail: Check or money order should be made out to “City of Philadelphia” and include the ticket number being paid. Do not send your check to the Philadelphia Parking Authority. Please mail them to:

         Parking Violations Branch
         P.O. Box 41818
         Philadelphia, PA 19101-1818
  • In person: You can pay your parking citations in person at the Parking Violations Branch located at 913 Filbert Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM on Weekdays and 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Saturday.
  • By phone: Call (888) 591-3636 to pay by Visa or Mastercard. After the voice response system introduction, press “1″ and have your credit card information ready. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Who is eligible to get a residential parking permit sticker in Philadelphia?

Featured in Renew Residential Parking Permit, City & County of Philadelphia

To be eligible for a Residential Permit Parking sticker in Philadelphia, your vehicle must display Pennsylvania license plates and be registered to your home address within the area’s permit parking district. You must provide PPA with proof of vehicle registration; along with proof of resident in the form of the following.  All documents must reflect apartment number when applicable.

The vehicle registration requirement can be waived if you drive a company car (including a leased company car), or if you are in the military service.

What is the annual fee for residential parking permits in Philadelphia?

Featured in Renew Residential Parking Permit, City & County of Philadelphia

The annual fee for a Philadelphia residential parking permit per household is as follows:

1st vehicle in household – $35 annually
2nd vehicle in same household – $50 annually
3rd vehicle in same household – $75 annually
4 or more vehicles in same household – $100.00 each annually

Who is eligible for Unemployment Compensation in Pennsylvania?

Featured in Apply for Unemployment Insurance Benefits, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

Any unemployed person may file a claim for UC benefits in Pennsylvania. Your eligibility is based on the information provided by you and your employer(s) after you file an application for UC benefits.

Following your application for benefits, there are three basic steps to determining eligibility for UC benefits:

  1. Financial Eligibility:
    The first step is determining whether you are financially eligible for benefits. In other words, did you earn sufficient wages and credit weeks in employment covered by the PA UC Law? Services performed by an individual for remuneration are deemed to be covered employment unless otherwise designated under the PA UC Law. For example, agricultural labor and domestic services performed in a private home are specifically exempt from coverage under the PA UC Law. Services performed in self-employment are likewise not covered, because they do not constitute "employment" under the PA UC Law. After you file, you will receive a notice of financial determination indicating whether you are financially eligible.
  2. Benefit Eligibility:
    If you have been determined to be financially eligible, the second step involves the nature of your job loss or separation. In other words, are you out of work through no fault of your own? This decision is based on the information you supply when you file for benefits, and information collected from your former employer.
  3. Maintaining Eligibility:
    The third qualifier to receiving UC benefits involves meeting various tests on a week-to-week basis. For example, you must be able and available to accept suitable work, not refuse work when offered without good cause and participate in reemployment services if required.

    You'll also have to register for employment-search services at within 30 days after filing an application for benefits and actively seek work during each week that you claim UC benefits.

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.

People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

Where can I find more information about all the cases in the US?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

You can find a detailed map with the spread of the cases here:

What should I do if I am sick?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.

You can read more about what the CDC recommends here:

Which vehicles are eligible to renew license online?

Featured in Renew Vehicle Registration, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

Most passenger vehicles that are currently insured (trailers do not require insurance) and trucks weighing 54,999 pounds or less are eligible to renew with the following exceptions:

  • Dealer registrations
  • Fleet vehicles
  • Suspended registrations
  • Apportioned vehicles
  • Farm Vehicles (Biennial certificates)
  • Seasonal registration
  • Disabled Veteran code
  • Taxi registrations
  • Limo registrations
  • Bus registrations



Papergov is the leading place to discover & act on all local government services.


Papergov is the leading place to discover & act on all local government services.

© 2020, Openly Technologies, Inc.