Frequently asked questions from County of Oakland

What taxes can I pay online?

Featured in Pay Property Taxes, County of Oakland

You may pay current taxes owed to any city, village or township in Oakland County, Michigan or delinquent taxes owed to the Oakland County Treasurer.

What information do I need to pay my Oakland County (MI) traffic tickets online?

Featured in Pay for Traffic Citation, County of Oakland

To search and pay for your Oakland County ticket(s)/case(s) using the online system, you will need:

  • Ticket/case number and last name or     
  • Driver's License number and last name

The ticket number is located at the top of your ticket and maybe in red or black ink. If there are alpha characters in the ticket number, please DO NOT include them in your search. Search only on the numeric characters.

The case number is located on your court paperwork and will contain a hyphen. Search only on the last six (6) digits.

Is it possible to make partial payments to pay traffic tickets from the County of Oakland, Michigan?

Featured in Pay for Traffic Citation, County of Oakland

Full payment is expected for any traffic payments made to the Court of Oakland County (MI) in most cases.

Please note that partial payments are allowed only if approved by the court at the time the assessments were imposed. For payments of incorrect amounts, you will receive a credit or invoice.

If the Oakland County Court has approved a payment plan that allows you to make partial payments on your misdemeanor case/ticket, simply change the Amount Due field on the "Pay my Ticket" screen and proceed through checkout.

Where do I make Oakland County water bill payments in person?

Featured in Pay Water Bill, County of Oakland

You can pay your Oakland County water bill in person at:

Billing Services
2636 Dixie Highway
Waterford, MI 48328

What happens if my Oakland County (MI) water bill is delinquent?

Featured in Pay Water Bill, County of Oakland

If your bill becomes 90 days or more past due, you may be subject to shut off.

Before they shut water off, they will send a notice with the amount that needs to be paid to avoid a shut off. Customers need to either pay the amount in full, or contact the County before the due date to set up a payment arrangement.

Can I mail my Oakland County Water bills?

Featured in Pay Water Bill, County of Oakland

Sure, make your Checks Payable to the Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner or OCWRC and mail them to the address below:

Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner
One Public Works Drive, Building 95 West
Waterford, MI  48328-1907

What information is required to apply for unemployment insurance claims in Michigan?

Featured in Apply for Unemployment Insurance, State of Michigan

You will need the following information to file a claim for unemployment insurance in Michigan: 

  • Your social security card,
  • Your state issued driver’s license or ID card number or your MARVIN PIN (if you have one),
  • The names and addresses of employers you worked for during the past 18 months along with your quarterly gross
  • The last date of employment with each employer,
  • Your most recent employer’s Federal Employer ID number (FEIN) (especially if you have not filed a claim within the
    last three years or have been employed for less than six months) and Employer Account Number (EAN). Depending
    on your situation, knowing the account number may speed up the processing of your claim.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration card and the expiration date of your
    work authorization.

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.

People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

Where can I find more information about all the cases in the US?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

You can find a detailed map with the spread of the cases here:

What should I do if I am sick?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Michigan

If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.

You can read more about what the CDC recommends here: