Frequently asked questions from County of Warren

I received a statement on my tax bill saying my bill was sent to my mortgage company. Do I have to pay this?

Featured in Pay Property taxes, County of Warren

This notification on your tax bill indicates a mortgage company has requested to receive a copy of your tax bill. If you're unsure if your mortgage company will be paying your taxes, you should contact your mortgage company immediately.

How may I make a payment online?

Featured in Pay Property taxes, County of Warren

Online Bill Payment is now available via the Warren County Sheriff's website by clicking the Taxes tab, choosing Tax Inquiry, finding your bill, clicking the "pay online" link, and then entering your payment information. For Credit/Debit Transactions is a charge of $1.50 for payments $60.00 and under, or 2.49% for payments $60.01 and higher. For ACH/E Check transactions, there is a $1.50 charge per payment. With additional questions, please call the Sheriff’s Office at (270) 842-1633, and ask for a Tax Clerk.

To whom do I pay delinquent taxes for prior tax years?

Featured in Pay Property taxes, County of Warren

You will need to contact the Warren County Clerk’s office in order to obtain the payoff amount on any delinquent prior year tax bill. The office number is 270-842-9416, Ext 101

Who is eligible for Unemployment Insurance Benefits in Kentucky?

Featured in Apply for Unemployment Insurance, State of Kentucky

Soon after you file your claim, you will receive a notice informing you if your claim is ALLOWED or DENIED based upon the amount of earnings reported in your “BASE PERIOD.” Your base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters immediately prior to the quarter you file your claim. Here’s a chart to help you understand what the base period will be for a claim.

For example, if you filed a claim with an effective date any time from January 1, 2012, through March 31, 2012, your base period for that claim begins October 1, 2010, and ends September 30, 2011.  The wages you earned during your base period must meet four requirements for you to have a monetarily valid claim:

  1. You must have wages of at least $750 in at least one quarter.
  2. Your total wages during the base period must be at least one and one-half times the wages in your highest quarter.
  3. Your total wages outside of the highest quarter must be at least $750.
  4. Your wages in the last two quarters must be at least 8 times your weekly benefit rate (see section 5 for the calculation of your benefit rate).

If the Office of Employment and Training does not find enough wages in your base period or you do not meet all four of these requirements, you will receive a notice stating that your claim is DENIED

Who can register to vote?

Featured in Register to Vote, State of Kentucky

To register to vote in Kentucky, you need to be: 

  •   a U.S. Citizen.
  •   a current resident of Kentucky.
  •   be at least 18 years of age on or before the next general election.
  •   not a convicted felon, or if I have been convicted of a felony, my civil rights have been restored by executive pardon.
  •   not been judged "mentally incompetent" in a court of law.
  •   do not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky.

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Kentucky

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.

People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

Where can I find more information about all the cases in the US?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Kentucky

You can find a detailed map with the spread of the cases here:

What should I do if I am sick?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Kentucky

If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.

You can read more about what the CDC recommends here:

Is there a COVID-19 hotline I can contact?

Featured in Corona COVID-19 Response, State of Kentucky

Yes, you can reach the COVID-19 Hotline in Kentucky by calling (800) 722-5725.

The COVID-19 hotline is a service operated by the healthcare professionals at the KY Poison Control Center who can provide advice and answer questions. Please be patient as they are handling a high volume of calls and want to give everyone the time they deserve. For general information, please review the website prior to calling the hotline. Guidance is being added as it becomes available.